Tuesday, November 15, 2016

IN THREE SHORT YEARS ........... 2013 THRU 2016

I still remember when I received my first phone call from Becky McDonald, president and founder of W.A.R. International http://warinternational.org/...it was so awesome to re-connect with her after about 15 or 20 years.  I knew that she was involved in some type of new ministry, but wasn't quite sure what it was.  I had been praying and asking the Lord if HE wanted me to go into some type of ministry...sort of unsure and shaking in my boots for real.  Becky extended an invitation to me to come to Grand Rapids, MI. and see the ministry (and her too!) with my own eyes.  I told her that I would love to, but also explained that I would have to bring my equipment to work some hours as an Over-The-Phone English/Spanish Interpreter while I was there as well.  
 I have to say my experience of working over the phone while I was there was nothing short of unique.  I had to use a landline phone for my work and they only thing they had was the line IN THE ELEVATOR.  Seeing this ministry with my own eyes  began a stirring in my heart for this  ministry to help abused and trafficked women and children...but I wasn't quite sure HOW that would happen.  I came home with THIS TOTALLY ON MY MIND...











"ADVENTURE IS CALLING AND I MUST GO" I had NO IDEA that in less than 2 years I would be returning to Chile to live AND MUCH LESS that in January of 2016 I would be accepted as a Bi-Vocational Missionary with W.A.R. (see right side bar on blog please)
Stay tuned for more "adventures" as God and I, with W.A.R. reach out to help these women and children in CHILE, SOUTH AMERICA..

No comments:

Post a Comment